As a general opinion or popular opinion ‘Philosophy’ is a field that offers ‘minimal’ career opportunities but this is a wrong opinion. In fact students who opt for ‘Philosophy’ as majors usually have instilled in them a sense of inquiry, analytical thinking and logical understanding. Enriched in these aspects students with a good knowledge of philosophical theories find themselves in interesting positions across various domains.
Let us now look at the various possible careers students could find themselves in after graduating with ‘Philosophy’ as a major option.
- Manpower Service Coordinators, Business Executives, Counselors in Rehabilitation centres, Counselors in Educational and other Institutions.
- In Educational Institutions in non-academic/non-teaching careers such as Provost, Archivist, Librarian etc.
- In Banks as Customer Service Executive, Technical Writer (depends on knowledge of computers blended in excellent written skills in English).
- Writing in various possible domains not restricted to Philosophy alone such as: Journalism, Science, Psychology, Creative Writing and many more.
- Students who are academically inclined to Philosophy could find themselves laying hands on lucrative teaching careers.