Opening Date: November 10, 2017
Closing Date: November 20, 2017
Position Title: Chief Accountant, Children of Armenia Fund (COAF)
Location: Yerevan, Republic of Armenia
Supervisor: Executive Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Children of Armenia Fund (COAF) is seeking a highly experienced and motivated Chief Accountant to support COAF operations in Armenia in general, and Finance Team activities in particular. The Chief Accountant will be responsible for conducting accounting in full compliance with Armenian and international accounting standards. The incumbent will join the team of finance professionals and be directly responsible for overseeing all areas of the accounting function, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash flow, General Ledger operations, tax filings, and other financial activities as applicable. The person-in-charge will also ensure timely preparation of financial/accounting reports, submission of all mandatory statutory reports, ensuring their compliance with laws and regulations.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THESE FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct accounting in full compliance with Armenian legislation and COAF internal policies;
- Record all financial activities to the financial software;
- Record and keep accounting data and projects’ reports;
- Enter accounting data and record financial transactions from the receipts and payment vouchers into a general journal/accounting software on a daily basis;
- Compile and check all invoices, prepare payment and transfer orders;
- Check bank balances and upon need deposit, withdraw or make internal transfer of funds;
- Prepare and follow up with bank transaction orders;
- Prepare payroll on regular basis;
- Calculate, prepare and transfer all required state taxes and other obligations;
- Conduct regular warehouse/inventory control;
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports;
- Prepare and submit all required financial documents and reports (on monthly, quarterly and annual basis);
- Participate in planning of annual budgets;
- Adhere to the policies and procedures set by COAF, follow the accounting standards and norms, as well as tax laws and regulations;
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentation;
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents;
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures working closely with CFO and financial team;
- Cooperate closely with COAF program teams;
- Perform other duties related to accounting and finance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related field;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in accounting;
- Good knowledge of ArmSoft and basic knowledge of QuickBooks accounting;
- Sound knowledge of accountancy, financial business processes and reporting standards, including IFRS;
- Excellent knowledge of Tax Legislation of the Republic of Armenia;
- ACCA qualification is a plus;
- Good judgement, strong analytical and time-management skills;
- High organizational skills and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulously;
- Budgeting and budget management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Armenian, good knowledge of English and Russian;
- Good IT literacy: Accounting Software, MS Office, Outlook, and Internet.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are requested to send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) in Armenian or English to email@example.com by 6:00pm on November 20, 2017. The name of the position should be indicated in the subject line of the e-mail. Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline (6:00pm, November 20, 2017) will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. For more information on COAF, please visit am.coafkids.org.
The Children of Armenia Fund (COAF) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that employs community-led approaches aimed at improving the quality of life in rural Armenia, with a particular focus on children and youth. COAF’s target development areas are education, healthcare, child and family support, socio-economic development. COAF launched its programs in 2004, starting in one village and expanding to forty-four villages in Armavir, Aragatsotn, Lori, Gegharkunik, Shirak and Tavush regions, impacting the total population of 48,000 people.
Since 2015 COAF has developed and started implementing a new vision – SMART Initiative. SMART is designed to advance a generation across the rural world through education that will benefit individuals, societies, and the environment. SMART will become an exemplary model of development and will be replicated in other regions and communities throughout Armenia.