If you study or work in Armenia, but don’t know or badly know Armenian, the practical course “Armenian as a foreign language,” organized by ArmScoop organization, is just for you. The course will be held for 2 levels (in 2 different groups); for those who don’t know (or nearly don’t know) Armenian and for those who know it partially (elementary level).
The teaching language of the course is English and the participants should at least have basic English knowledge.
The aim of the course is:
for the 1st group – to enable the learners to obtain basic knowledge and skills to communicate in Armenian,
for the 2nd group – to enable the learners to improve both their ability to communicate and their linguistic competence in Armenian.
During the course a balance of receptive (reading, listening) and productive (speaking, writing) skills are developed through communicative classes and self‐study. The course will include people’s every-day-life activities and main situations (introduction, transportation, work, etc.), will give an insight into the country’s culture and Armenians’ every-day-life as well.
Classes are held through practice methods of teaching (set phrases, drilling and communicative methods) and are free from grammar based teaching methods.
As a result:
The learners not knowing the language or knowing it partially before the course (first group) will
- communicate in simple and everyday tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters;
- describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
The learners knowing the language partially before the course (2nd group) will
- understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc;
- produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest;
- describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Course duration: for both 1st group and 2nd group – 4 months
Class frequency: three days per week for 90 minutes or two days per week for 120 minutes
The price for the course is 30 000 AMD for one month.
For participation in the course:
email us via firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate Armenian Courses and write your details (name, surname, phone number) and your group (1st or 2nd) in the message.
or call +374 77 675767.