Organization name: Organization for Security and Co-operation in Yerevan
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
No. of Positions: 1
Duration: 6 months
Date of Entry on Duty: 15-Feb-2016
Vacancy Notice Issue Date: 12-Jan-2016
Closing date of application: 1-Feb-2016
The OSCE Office in Yerevan was established in 2000 to assist Armenia in implementation of OSCE commitments in all three aspects of security: politico-military, economic and environmental and human dimensions. The Office contributes to the development of democratic institutions, strengthening the civil society and promoting OSCE general standards and principles. The Press and Public Information Unit is responsible for the overall visibility of the organization in Armenia and the Office’s activities in particular. In this respect, the Unit implements a number of initiatives to enhance public’s understanding of OSCE principles, values and commitments as well as the role played by the Organization in Armenia.
This is achieved by ensuring media coverage of Office’s activities, preparing a number of articles, feature stories, publications to raise awareness among various target groups. Model OSCE is a cross-dimensional activity initiated by the Head of Office and the Democratization Programme aimed at increasing awareness about the OSCE among youth.
An Intern (Armenian National) is invited to the OSCE Office in Yerevan to support activities of the Office aimed at raising awareness about the organization and the Office, which will also include support in organizing Model OSCE events. The duration of Internship is up to six months. It is a non-paid commitment. Upon completion an official Certificate of Internship will be provided.
Task and Responsibilities:
The selected Intern will have the opportunity to gain an overview/familiarize themselves with the OSCE as an organization and the work of the OSCE Office in Yerevan. Under the overall supervision of Ms. Gohar Avagyan, National Public Information Officer, the Intern will be requested to carry out the following duties:
- Assisting in preparation and implementation of the Model OSCE Conference. This includes participation in awareness raising, selection process, preparation of the necessary material in English and Armenian and assisting in organizational matters;
- Assisting in translations from and to English related to Press and Public Information. In particular, providing draft translation of articles pertinent to the Office activities. Drafting non substantial correspondence;
- Providing general support to implementation of Press and Public Information activities. Initiating/developing new web stories, articles, news items. Organizing the Office’s library;
- Attending the OSCE events with the Office’s staff;
- Other administrative assistance for the PPIS if required.
- Applicants for internship should be under 30 years of age and students in their final year of full-time studies from an accredited institution in Journalism, Humanities, Political Science, Law, International Relations or similar field, at graduate or postgraduate level; or recent graduates or postgraduates, i.e. within two years after graduation;
- Professional fluency in English and Armenian with excellent communication skills. Knowledge of Russian would be an asset;
- Strong analytical, research and drafting skills;
- Good organizational skills with ability to process and classify information quickly and efficiently;
- Previous experience in working for international organizations/internships, or prior participation in Model OSCE conferences, as well as knowledge of press and public information issues would be an asset;
- Excellent IT knowledge, familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet applications;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
The OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration or cover any expenses incurred by the Intern during his/her stay nor reimburse travel expenses.
The selected Intern may participate in the group health insurance scheme at his/her own expense, but the OSCE will cover life and accident/disability insurance. If the Intern opts to arrange his/her own medical coverage, he/she shall provide evidence of medical coverage for the duty station he/she applies to, and for any eventual duty trip destinations.
The Internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
How to Apply:
For more details please visit the OSCE website section on Internships at http://www.osce.org/employment/91. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link available at http://www.osce.org/employment/43284.
In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded at http://www.osce.org/employment/45641 link, and send it along with Cover Letter by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number quoted in the subject.
The applications must reach the OSCE Office in Yerevan not later than February 1, 2016.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or offer an Internship with modified terms of reference or a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization. The OSCE Office in Yerevan will use a transparent and competitive screening process. It will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.