Since 2013 the International Development Youth Forum is held annually and youth with high ambition for international development get together from all over the world. Last year approximately 38 youth chosen from approximately 900 youth from 100 different countries and regions attended the Forum. Under the slogan “Design our future” the Forum seeks to achieve 3 main aims:
- Building continuous network among youth who are interested in International Development;
- Providing opportunity that one can broaden one’s value, knowledge, and way of thinking;
- Creating outcome that produces new change to society.
In 2015 the IDYF will be held in Tokyo, Japan from 1st of March to 8th of March. The theme of the Forum is “Hunger x Win-Win”, aiming to figure out cutting-edge solutions for both hunger in developing countries and social problems in developed countries.
The International Development Youth Forum is open to young people between 18 and 28 years old from around the world.
Financial support to attend the conference will be available for young participants from developing countries. The organizers will decide the type of scholarship based on your application:
- Fully-funded scholarship (including airplane ticket)
- Exemption of participation fee (not including airplane ticket)
Participants who are not eligible for a scholarship are required to pay a participation fee of JPY 30,000 (approx. €200).
In order to apply you must fill in the online application form and submit your essay. The theme of your essays are as follows:
- Why do you want to participate in IDYF 2015? (100-150 words)
- How can you contribute to IDYF 2015? (100-150 words)
- Explain one problem in the field of development you are most concerned in, and why you are interested in it. (150-250 words)
- Propose a solution for hunger (you must identify one cause of hunger in your answer) (150-250 words)
The dealine to apply is 9 December 2014.
For any enquiries please contact: email@example.com