The École normale supérieure de Lyon (ENS de Lyon) and its partners offer scholarships for excellent international students to enrol in its Masters programs in the Exact Sciences, the Arts, and Human and Social Sciences (excluding Professional Masters in teaching).
Scholarships Application Deadline: 2 February 2015
Presentation of the scholarships:
- The Ampère Scholarships of Excellence of the ENS de Lyon provide students with the opportunity to enrol in one of the ENS de Lyon Masters programs in the Exact Sciences, the Arts or the Human and Social Sciences (excluding the Professional Masters programs in teaching).
- The Avenir Lyon Saint-Etienne program (PALSE) of the Université de Lyon provides scholarships for enrolment in the following Masters programs: ADMIRE (Administrator of institutions for research and the diffusion of knowledge); AlterEurope (Experts on the EU and neighbouring countries); Archinfo (Architecture of information); Biosciences; or Physics and Chemistry.
- The Inria and the ENS de Lyon have joined forces to offer scholarships to students who wish to enrol in the Masters program in Fundamental Computer Science and undertake their research internship within a team belonging to one of the INRIA research centres.
- The Laboratory of the Informatics of Parallelism (Laboratoire de l’Informatique du Parallélisme – LIP) of the ENS Lyon offers scholarships to students wishing to enrol in the Masters program in Fundamental Computer Science and undertake their research internship within a research team belonging to the LIP.
- The MILYON Laboratory of Excellence (Labex MILYON) offers scholarships for enrolment in the Masters programs in Advanced Mathematics and Fundamental Computer Science. The project is funded within the framework of the “Investissement d’avenir” program.
Presentation of the Masters of the ENS de Lyon:
You must be a foreign national and must be 26 years old maximum at the application deadline.
Candidate for admission in Masters Year 1: provide proof that you have obtained a Licence (equivalent to 180 ECTS European credits) or an equivalent diploma/level recognized by the ENS deLyon.
Candidate for admission in Masters Year 2: provide proof that you have successfully reached Masters Year 1 level (equivalent to 240 ECTS European credits) or have attained an equivalentdiploma/level recognized by the ENS de Lyon (e.g.MPhil).
A total of 1000€/month will be awarded.
The Ampère Scholarship is paid to the beneficiary at the end of the month.
The obligations of the beneficiary of the Ampère Scholarship:
- To undertake a complete enrolment in a Masters Program of the ENS de Lyon and bring your proof of enrolment before September 20th to the International Office (Office F31, Campus Descartes open between 13h30 and 17h)
- To sign on the 1st Tuesday of every month by October a presence sheet at the International Mobility (Office F31, Campus Descartes open between 13h30 and 17h)
- To assiduously attend classes, practicals, seminars and tutorials
- To take the examinations corresponding to my studies
- To undertake the compulsory internships which are integrated into my Masters Program
- To NOT undertake a period of study or research abroad. To NOT undertake an internship within a laboratory that is not attached and affiliated to the ENS de Lyon.
The ENS de Lyon reserves the right to cease paying the Ampère Scholarship and to demand the reimbursement of sums already paid should the actions of the beneficiary of said scholarship be incompatible with the objectives of the
Tel: +33 4 37 37 66 82
Fax: +33 4 37 37 63 60
Before 2nd February 2015 12:00 (French time) submit the application form (included documents to upload below) at: http://dpj-ri.ens-lyon.fr